The Colorado High School Cycling League is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit youth development organization, that serves students in Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico. Our purpose is to build strong minds, bodies, and character, guided by the principles of inclusivity and equality. The league produces an interscholastic mountain bike race series, provides training and education to support coaches teams. We provide a comprehensive infrastructure to grow youth cycling in a fun, safe, and professional manner.
We strongly believe that prevention reduces the need for intervention. Together we foster healthy habits in youth, develop self-confidence, cultivate leadership, and strengthen family bonds one pedal stroke at a time.
The inaugural race series for the Colorado League was the Fall of 2010 with 183 student athletes participating representing 20 teams from throughout Colorado and southern Wyoming. The Colorado League participation has grown in 2020 to 1,851 student athletes from 79 teams, accompanied by 704 coaches and expanded into New Mexico. We provide a well-defined race season that promotes the formation of teams at public and private high schools. With the cooperation of local communities and our sponsors we put together a first class series of races designed for high school aged riders. A primary focus is to develop strong mind, bodies and characters in an inclusive, egalitarian environment by engaging juniors in the challenging and exciting world of competitive cycling.
The Colorado season includes a four race series in the fall with a State Championship race. The primary focus is to s to deliver a memorable experience, where leadership and camaraderie are fostered. The League actively helps the formation of new high school teams throughout the region. We also welcome participation from neighboring states. Please send your questions to [email protected].
The League is an exceptional way for high school students to develop a healthy lifestyle and explore the sport. Often League racers participate in collegiate cycling and national and international competition. Several NICA alumni athletes are now racing on professional teams, employed in the cycling industry, and becoming community leaders.
The Colorado High School Cycling League works to establish and maintain safe, quality high school mountain bike programs. The League is responsible for establishing a climate that will:
- Promote the sport of mountain biking and the benefits of mountain biking as a healthy, low impact, outdoor recreational lifestyle;
- Promote athlete skills development, excellence, teamwork, professionalism and respect for the community and the environment;
- Create an environment in which they may discover new friendships and find role models;
- Develop an awareness of what it is to be an amateur athlete that is both gracious and respectful to their community;
- Guide students towards learning new skills and disciplines, and spread the foundations of mountain bike racing across the U.S.;
- Foster a responsible attitude toward the use of trails and wilderness;
- Advocate for the environmental conservation of natural areas and parklands, mountain bike trail access, and the development of sustainable trail systems.
Promote the value of cycling to our community as a mode of transportation and as a life-long sport.[/text_output]
2021 Race Series